November 21, 2008

Twilight Movie Review

After all the hype and expectations through the roof, here is my review of the movie "Twilight".  I bought my ticket about a month ago for the 12:01 am showing.  We showed up at the theater 2 1/2 hours early.  Waiting for the movie to start was very entertaining with the overly enthusiastic crowd (that decided to have a talent show).  Almost everyone was wearing a Twilight themed shirt, from "Team Edward" to"Forks".  There was even a guy there that looked like Edward and girls were taking pictures with him.  I had low expectations going into it knowing that Edward wasn't going to cut it.  He's a good looking guy but was no where smooth enough.  He was kind of scrawny, too.  The other characters were cast pretty well. Wait, except Jacob.  Did I miss something?  Am I the only person who thinks he is a total dog?  You know what I mean.  My overall impressions were that the movie felt like the same quality of an X-Files episode from 1991.  The special effects left much to be desired.  They should have done the vampire fight scenes like the movie 300!  It wasn't all that bad.  It was fun and there were a few tense parts.  I had a really good time.  Everyone knows that the movies are never as good as the books.  But I think there are going to be a lot of upset "Twi-hards" out there.  She owes her fans BIG TIME.  If you don't like the book or have not read it, you will not like this movie.  

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I said the same thing last night. If you didn't read the book you would think it was lame and a low budget film. Still edward had my heart going. I must say my imagination is way better than a movie. I loved the book and liked the movie.

Jenn said...

Ditto on Jacob! I was severely dissapointed with him. But overall I had a fun time at the movie. There were parts that were probably supposed to be serious that were actually funny, and it was as cheesy as the book, yet somehow entertaining.

Benjamin said...

I thought Edward made more sense, he isn't totally way smooth..just smoother than Bella. ( he's in high school forever and desperate)and the chicago accent..never heard that in my head but should have...definitely looked waaay low budget.. please spend more and hire a better director.. sorry hardwicke.

Nicole Brown said...

I completely agree with you! Check out my review on my blog sometime. I was a little meaner than you I think:)