November 24, 2008

How the Grinch Ruined My Day


So how much money would someone have to pay you for you to wear that sweater in public?  A lot, right?  Well listen to this- I bought this sweater in back in July for $4 to re-sell on eBay.  (My eBay Mentor, Melanie told me once that tacky holiday sweaters do well.)  As I submitted it to eBay for $19.99, which I thought was a fair price,  Hyrum and I made the comment that NO ONE in the world will ever buy this monstrosity.  Less than a minute later it sold!  Shocked, I did some research.  Apparently it is a very rare Michael Simon Grinch Collectable Holiday Sweater which is typically selling for over $100.  So I'm pretty T.O.'d right now!  You live and you learn.  I will always do my research from now on.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chel, don't be too forlorn. That's more than 20 burritos you can buy for that sweater. That's no small thing. You should have kept it though. It's gorgeous.

Hyrum & Cheleyne said...

I just came back from the post office and realized that I charger her too little for postage, too. Double ouch.

Benjamin said...

oh..so sad .. definitely check before you list.. I almost never do buy it nowsturboli

Jim and Shana McGavock said...

And the sweater looks all the more inviting with the pants-less maniquin! Sexy

Cristi said...

Bummer! Good story though!